YouthBuild is designed to provide low-income, out-of-school youth, aged 16-24 with an opportunity to transform their lives and become contributing partners in the community. Participants receive on-the-job, hands-on, construction skills training utilizing an actual housing rehabilitation project or new construction site in the community that helps to create quality low-income housing. Additionally, participants receive Home Building Institute (HBI) Pre-Apprenticeship Certification Training (PACT) and OSHA certification training. Participants also receive High School Equivalency Test (HiSET/GED) preparation; leadership skills development – including community service projects; counseling and support services; life, financial literacy and job readiness training, as well as assistance with job placement and transition to higher education opportunities.
In addition to the Construction/ Building Trades track outlined above, TRA-Worcester YouthBuild offers a Nurse Assistant/ Home Health Aide Training track where young people earn their state certifications through a partnership with The Fieldstone School.
Over the years YouthBuild has changed lives. Read about some of those lives below:
-Meet Keegan Valiton: A YouthBuild Worcester Success Story!
-YouthBuild Worcester Construction Track Student, Zachary Drake, Recognized for His Many Achievements!
-Two Worcester YouthBuild Students Complete Nursing Assistant Training!
YouthBuild Quincy is funded by a grant thorough Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education YouthBuild Funds.
The total cost of YouthBuild Worcester program is $1,330,396. $1,064,317 (80%) is funded through a U.S. Department of Labor – Employment and Training Administration grant. The other $266,079 (20%) is funded through State and Local resources, including the Massachusetts Department of Elementary & Secondary Education-YouthBuild Funds and Saint-Gobain Corporation.